The Young Academy is excited to welcome you back to Montreal for our third annual feis!
Save the date
July 16, 2022
Although there are no current protocols, cases have been rising in Quebec. With larger numbers in an indoor setting it is advised to wear a mask. Please do what's right for you and your family.
Adjudicators & Musicians
Sally Houston Alberta
Kim Lancaster Ontario
Kerry Broderick NY
Quentin Simms Ontario
Blackout Feis Rules
• No solo costumes
• No school costumes
• No school branded attire
• No wigs, hair pieces, crowns, tiaras – hair should be kept neatly off the face.
• No obvious graphics or lettering on clothing
• Socks or tights - dancers choice
• Tops for girls: black leotard or black T-shirt, either short or long sleeved, but must meet the requirements set forth by the costume regulations: “necklines must be at the collarbone level or above” - low scoop or v necks that do not cover the collar bone are not permitted. No tank tops or cami tops are permitted.
• Black skirt or skort for girls. It should be comfortable for dancing and adhere to requirements for length.
• Boys: Boys should wear long black pants and a black shirt or Tshirt conforming to the same requirements
* Bodysuits can have bling on them, dancers can keep hardshoes buckles on